ACCEPTED DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Three documents are required to verify residency. You must present proof of residency within Lake Zurich Community Unit School District 95 by providing one document from Category I AND two documents from Category II.
CATEGORY I (ONE document required)
- Most recent property tax bill
- Current mortgage statement or mortgage papers/closing papers (for closing within last 60 days)
- Signed and dated lease, and proof of last month’s payment (cancelled check or receipt)
- Letter of Residence from Landlord in Lieu of Lease form (available on District 95 website) and proof of last month’s payment (cancelled check or receipt)
- Letter of Residence to be Used When the Person Seeking to Enroll a Student is Living with a District Resident form (available on District 95 website)
CATEGORY II (TWO documents required)
Each document must have the current address:
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, water bill (cell phone bills are not accepted)
- Receipt for moving van rental
IMPORTANT: District 95 reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented, and merely presenting the items listed does not guarantee admission.
WARNING: If a student is determined to be a non-resident of the District for whom tuition must be charged, the persons enrolling the student are liable for non-resident tuition from the date the student began attending a District school as a non-resident.
A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll in this School District on a tuition-free basis a student known by that person to be a nonresident of the District is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, except in very limited situations as defined in State law (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b(e).
A person who knowingly or willfully presents to the School District any false information regarding the residency of a student for the purpose of enabling that student to attend any school in the District without the payment of a nonresident tuition charge is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b(f).