Communications & Community Relations
The goal of the Communications & Community Relations department is to create partnerships within and outside the organization in order to provide information, assistance, and opportunities for stakeholders.
The Communications Department supports or oversees:
- District electronic communications such as School Messenger communications, district and school website, district sponsored social media accounts, etc.
- District print communications such as the annual Community Newsletter, and other print materials as needed
- Media relations
- District level student, parent, and staff recognition through monthly Board Awards
- Staff recognition through annual District 95 Awards
- Staff appreciation efforts
- District crisis communications
- Supporting role for District 95 Educational Foundation and Joanie's Closet
- Community partnerships with local governments and organizations
- District sponsored events such as STEAM Possible, Film Festival, and more
- Strategic planning efforts and communications
District 95 Board Awards
Each month, October through May, at the Board of Education meetings the district honors students, staff, and parent volunteers who represent the values and visions supporting the District 95 mission to "empower every learner to achieve personal excellence". Honorees receive an acknowledgement of this award at a Board of Education meeting where a short video is played highlighting the award recipients from each school.
District 95 Staff Awards
Each spring, the district solicits and receives nominations from parents, students, and staff members acknowledging colleagues who have gone above and beyond in their role. Recognitions include:
- Teachers Make a Difference Award
- Rookie of the Year Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Exceptional Team Award
- Gary W. Robillard Educator of the Year Award