Communications & Community Relations
The goal of the Communications & Community Relations department is to create partnerships within and outside the organization in order to provide information, assistance, and opportunities for stakeholders.
The Communications Department supports or oversees:
- District electronic communications such as School Messenger communications, district and school website, district sponsored social media accounts, Remind, etc.
- District print communications such as the annual Community Newsletter, and other print materials as needed
- Media relations
- District level student, parent, and staff recognition through monthly Board Awards
- Staff recognition through annual District 95 Awards
- District Crisis Plans
- Supporting role for D95 Educational Foundation and Joanie's Closet
- Community Partnerships with local governments and organizations
- Community Partnerships including internships, job shadowing, and other career exploration opportunities
- District sponsored events such as Residency Event, STEAM Summit
District 95 Board Awards
Each month, October through May, at the Board of Education meetings the district honors students, staff, and parent volunteers who represent the value and vision that support the District 95 mission to "empower every learner to achieve personal excellence". Honorees receive their D95 Board Award and greet the Superintendent and the Board of Education while a short recognition is read.
District 95 Staff Awards
Each spring, we accept nominations from parents, students, and staff members to recognize colleagues who have gone above and beyond in their role. Recognitions include:
- Teachers Make a Difference Award
- Rookie of the Year Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Gary W. Robillard Educator of the Year Award