2021 Summer Learning Courses (K-12)
Grades 9-12 Summer Learning
June 14-July 2 (Session 1)
July 12-29 (Session 2)
Grades K-8 Summer Learning
This summer Lake Zurich District 95 is offering the following programs for students entering grades K – 8 free of charge to all families.
- Kindergarten Kickoff: Consists of fun filled days of readiness skills and activities to promote excitement and prepare students entering kindergarten in the fall. Space is limited, but any student entering kindergarten in the Fall of 2021 may register for this course.
- Summer Success: Intervention courses in reading and math designed to prepare students for the next grade level. Summer Success is only offered based on teacher recommendation.
- Summer Bridges: Our NEW program, which targets unfinished learning from the 20-21 school year. Students will receive customized learning plans. Summer Bridges is only offered based on teacher recommendation.
- EL/Bilingual Program: The EL/Bilingual program is for students who have not yet developed proficiency with written or spoken English. The program provides support to assist the acquisition of English and succeed in academic subjects. This program is only offered based on teacher recommendation.
In order to ensure that we are able to fully staff the above programs, we are unable to run Summer Wonders with enrichment classes this summer. With the exception of Kindergarten Kickoff, all of the above programs require a teacher recommendation in order to participate.
- NEW: Summer Enrichment – Grades 1 through 8: We are now excited to offer a free Summer Enrichment program for students going into 1st through 8th grade! Students will participate in Robotics and STEAM classes, which integrate science and math, and engage students in meaningful, real-world projects. Whether students are just starting out, or have been exposed to robust programming, there is something for everyone, and activities are designed in a way that encourages students to take an active role in their learning, to collaborate in teams, and to contribute based on their strengths. Summer Enrichment classes are open to all students, and do not require a teacher recommendation. To register, follow the steps below.
Dates for K-8 Summer Learning
June 14 - July 29 (Monday – Thursday, 8:30-11:45am)
Note: No classes will be held July 5th-9th
Spencer Loomis Elementary School, Middle School North
(Summer Bridges may be at Seth Paine depending on enrollment and community interest)
* If you experience difficulty accessing the K-8 or High School course/registration information, please contact us at Feedback@lz95.org.