Preschool Screening Process
Because your child’s first 5 years of life are so important, we want to help you provide the best start for your child. Child Find screening is available for any children between the ages of 3 and 5 years who reside within the Lake Zurich CUSD 95 boundaries.
Lake Zurich CUSD 95 uses the Ages & Stages Questionnaires to screen students. These questionnaires are completed by parents and are available in both English and Spanish. The Ages & Stages Questionnaire – Third Edition (ASQ-3) includes questions about your child’s communication, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, problem solving and personal-social skills. The Ages & Stages Questionnaire: Social Emotional – Second Edition (ASQ: SE-2) includes questions about your child’s social emotional development. Additionally, we will send home a sheet that addresses your child’s articulation (speech sound development).
If you are interested in having your child screened for preschool, please complete the form linked HERE. If you have further questions regarding the screening process, please contact the Student Services Department at 847-540-7060.
At Risk Program
Children who do not qualify for Early Childhood Special Education Services, may be eligible for At-Risk Preschool Programming. The program is designed to provide a preschool experience for children ages 3-5 who are residents of Lake Zurich who qualify due to a variety of factors that may include (but are not limited to) economic need, low performance on the preschool screening, having a primary language other than English, and chronic illness/health concerns. The goal of the preschool is to provide students with a positive, nurturing environment that fosters social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth and development. Children must participate in an At-Risk Preschool Screening process to determine eligibility for the program. Visit the Preschool Screening section on this page for more information.
Little Leaders Preschool
Little Leaders Preschool
Little Leaders Preschool is a blended preschool offered by Lake Zurich Community Unit School District 95. Enrollment in the tuition-based program is open to families who reside within the District 95 boundaries. The maximum enrollment in each classroom will be 20 children with one teacher and two paraprofessionals. Each teacher is dually certified. The preschool curriculum is aligned with the Illinois Early Learning Standards as well as District 95’s K-12 curriculum. Children must be 3 years old by September 1st of the enrolling school year and must be fully potty trained. Parents of the tuition- based program will be expected to provide their own transportation.
The Little Leaders Preschool is a five day a week, two hours and forty-minute (morning or afternoon) program. Tuition is $2,600.00 per school year, which can be either paid in full or in ten equal installments of $260.00. The first installment is due August 15th, 2023. The subsequent 9 payments will be due on the 15th of each month. Tuition is paid one month in advance.
AM Session: 8:15 am - 10:55 am
PM Session: 12:10 pm – 2:50 pm
Registration for 2023-24
To register an incoming preschool student, parents/guardians must complete online registration. Once complete you will need to set up an appointment to provide required documentation.
· Three forms of acceptable Proof of Residency (click here for acceptable forms)
· Child's Certified Birth Certificate
· Nonrefundable application fee of $50
For more information or questions regarding preschool, please contact Gaby Mascote at the Office of Student Services at 847.540.4970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtain Login Information
NEW TO DISTRICT
1. Open ParentVUE and click “Create a New Account” (expand options).
2. Verify that the parent/guardian has not previously enrolled a student in District 95.
3. Review the Privacy Statement.
4. Provide your primary email address.
5. Using the link in the activation email, create a password and activate the account.
1. If this is your first time logging in, go to ParentVUE and click “Request Account Activation.” Fill out the required information. Follow the instructions in the email to activate the account.
REGISTER THE STUDENT
1. Log in to ParentVUE and click Online Registration (top right).
2. Select the 2023-24 Preschool Registration.
3. Review and update all information for returning students and add any new students. When complete, submit the registration.
VERIFY RESIDENCY AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE
1. Complete Proof of Residency and Birth Certificate Verification IN PERSON at the district office. Please contact Gaby Mascote to schedule an in-person appointment.
PAY FEES AND UPLOAD HEALTH FORMS
1. Once you receive an email that your registration has been accepted, follow the instructions in the email to access your PushCoin account and pay your registration fees, beginning in April. All registration fees must be paid prior to the first day of school.
2. Print the appropriate health forms for your child according to their grade and upload them in ParentVUE or bring them to your school. View the Health Form Requirements by grade.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Lake Zurich High School Little Bears Preschool
Important Preschool Information
Preschool runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from about 9:30-11:30. (exact times depend on the latest High School schedule)
Preschool calendars will be sent home with a welcome letter in August
The cost of the preschool is $240 for the year
Tuition is due at the time of registration
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis. Health forms must be dated within the last year and be in our possession BEFORE the first day of school
Children must be FULLY potty trained
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if applications are being accepted
Click here for the latest preschool information: Preschool Registration Information
Registration Forms - this includes enrollment form, emergency form, photo release
Medical Form - blank health exam form