Board Briefs – February 24, 2022
- High School Fire Alarm Bid
- Transition Program Overview and Options
- Solar Update
- High School Parking Lot Improvement Options
Discussion Without Action
Mr. Howard, Director of Technology, presented the recommendation for the annual purchase of Windows laptop computers for staff assignment and student use in labs and specialized classrooms.
Discussion With Action
Mrs. Cullinan, Director of Business and Operations explained llinois accounting rules necessitate the board authorizing the transfer of funds to reimburse items paid out of debt service for which there is not a revenue source. The Board of Education approved the transfer of $156,498.00 from Operations and Maintenance Fund to Debt Service Fund and $161,047.00 from the Education Fund to Debt Service Fund.
Health & Wellness Update
- COVID Data: District 95 Internal Data
- Active cases – 11 students and 1 staff
- Close contacts – 153 identified within the last three weeks resulting in 3 potentially linked positive cases
D95 Health & Wellness Team Summary and Administrative Recommendations
- Mask optional recommendation for athletes/performers/club-activity participants AND for visitors/spectators, starting Monday 2/28/2022
- Begin process of deploying lunch tables at HS level starting Monday, 2/28/22
- Shift elementary lunch arrangement to 3 feet (using desks) on Monday 2/28/2022
- Facilities will begin flushing process for water fountains in phases leading up to spring break
In addition, Dr. Lauren McArdle, Assistant Superintendent of Student Services, provided information on metrics used to monitor District 95 internal COVID data. Also reported, were the results of the student survey administered to students in grades 3-12 regarding the transition to mask optional during school hours.