Board Briefs – June 23, 2022
Facility Committee Meeting Update
- Solar Guaranteed Energy Savings
- Project Updates
- Long Range Facility Plan
- Operations – Capital Projects Fund 61
Reports to the Board
- Facility Inventory and Long-Range Plan – Mrs. Cullinan, Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations, presented the draft of the Facility Inventory and Long-Range Plan to the Board of Education. The database developed to prepare this document is available and can be amended as projects are completed or work is reprioritized. The work items are presented in a variety of formats – facility inventory by year and by category, in summary and by facility. The document includes work that was not assigned a year. Generally, these projects are ones that would enhance our programs and facilities rather than maintain or update worn out facilities and would require further discussion by the Board of Education.
- Cash Flow – Mrs. Cullinan, Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations, provided the cash flow projection for FY22. The months of July through May represents actual figures reconciled to the cash at the month end. Projections are provided for June.
The Close Public Hearing on the Proposed Amended 2021-2022 Budget was held.
Discussion With Action
- Approval of Proposed 2021-2022 Amended Budget – Motion approved.
- Educational Support Personnel Range and Wage Adjustment Recommendations – Mrs. Becich, Executive Director of Human Resources, requested that the Board of Education approve the Educational Support Personnel Range and Wage Adjustments as presented. Motion approved.
- Fund Transfers – Operations and Maintenance to Debt Service - Dr. Romano, Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations, requested that the Board of Education approve the transfer of $156,498.00 from the Operations & Maintenance Fund to reimburse the Debt Service Fund for payments for the Administration Building lease. Motion approved.
- Approval of Resolution Authorizing the Transfer of $4,300,000 from the Operations and Maintenance Fund to the Capital Projects Fund
- Dr. Romano, Assistant Superintendent of Business and Operations, requested that Board of Education adopt the resolution authorizing the transfer of $4,300,000 from the Operations & Maintenance Fund to the Capital Projects Fund as presented. Motion approved.
- Resolution to Transfer Interest –The administration recommended that the Board adopt the resolution as presented authorizing a transfer of the interest earned in the Debt Service Fund to the Operations and Maintenance Fund. The estimated amount at the end of the FY22 is $899.00. Motion approved.
- Approval of 2022-2023 Tentative Budget – Motion to approve the Tentative Budget for the 2022-2023 school year and corresponding resolution as presented, that it be posted for 30 days, and a public hearing held for the adoption of the final budget on September 22, 2022 at 6:15 pm. Motion approved.