Board Briefs – May 26, 2022
Reports to the Board
- EdVironment Presentation – A student panel from Lake Zurich High School briefed the board on their student created Earth Day activities prepared for all grade levels along with the feedback data they collected and analyzed for future programming planning.
- Strategic Plan 1A22 - Universal Social-Emotional Learning Implementation – Dr. McArdle and a representative panel presented an overview of the implementation, outcomes, and celebrations following the completion of the action plans associated with 1A22 of the Forward 95 Strategic Plan.
- Strategic Plan 2C20 – Meaningful Data to Guide Practices – Dr. Walsh provided the Board of Education with a review of past work, currently used data tools/dashboards, updates on their current usage and future needed implementations.
- Summer School 2022 Update – Dr. Walsh provided the Board of Education with an enrollment update and associated fees.
- Capital Projects Fund Usage to Support Master Facilities Plan – Dr. Romano presented a recommendation for the use of an annual transfer of funds as an operational expense to provide a dedicated funding source for capital projects and limit operating deficits for capital projects to specific and intentional uses of fund balances within the Education Fund, O&M Fund, and Working Cash Fund.
- Recapture Levy Allocation – Dr. Romano presented the administrative recommendation that funding that is received as part of the new recapture levy established under Public Act 102-0519 be assigned to the Capital Projects Fund to support the projects identified under within the Master Facilities Plan.
Facility Committee Meeting Update
- Solar Guaranteed Energy Savings
- Long Range Facility Plan Draft
- May Whitney Site Demolition and Future Preparation
- Project Updates
Discussion Without Action
2022-2023 Tentative Budget Update – Dr. Romano presented the Revenue and Expense Guidelines that will be employed in the development of the Tentative Budget to be shared with the Board of Education on June 23, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year.
Discussion With Action
- 2022-2023 Parent-Student Handbook – Dr. McArdle presented the recommendations for proposed language/editorial changes and edits to the Parent-Student Handbook for 2022-2023. Motion approved.
- Sodexo Contract Extension – Dr. Romano recommended the extension of the Sodexo contract for the 2022-2023 school year. Motion approved.