District 95 Film Festival
- 2023 Film Festival Submission Guidelines
- 2022 Film Festival Winners
- 2021 Film Festival Winners
- 2020 Film Festival Winners
- Past Film Festival Winners
Thank You to our 11th Annual District 95 Film Festival Participants!We look forward to seeing everyone in February 2024 for the 12th Annual District 95 Film Festival!
Check back soon to view the winning 2023 films!
2023 Film Festival Information
Types of Films
Film categories include: Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Animation, and Public Service Announcement.
- Films must be 5 minutes or less.
- Film submissions are due by January 20, 2023. A traveling trophy will be awarded to the school with the most film submissions!
- Films need to be “G” Rated: school appropriate language and clothing, films should not depict drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or handgun use. If you have any questions regarding appropriateness—PLEASE contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each student is allowed to submit 1 entry per person. Exceptions are made to class projects (Teachers may submit 1 entry per class)
- Filmmakers must get permission from actors (and their parents if they are under 18) before recording them. Also get permission before showing up at a location to film.
- Scripts and characters should be original.
- Music must either be original compositions and original recordings. To use commercially or previously recorded music, movie directors must secure permission from the composers and or original recording artists. (Note: Several copyright/royalty free music websites exist and can be found by searching the internet)
Submitting a Film
Parent-signed permission slip (available on this page under "Helpful Resources") must be submitted with film.
- Films will be judged on the following: Technical quality, storytelling/effective communicating, artistic merit, acting, overall effect/emotional impact, music/sound
- Three prizes will be awarded at each of the three age groups: High School, Middle School & Elementary School. Prizes will be gift cards valued at $50, $30 & $15. One “Best of Show” will be awarded.
- A selection of entries will be chosen for viewing at the Film Festival. The Film Festival committee reserves the right to select the films to be shown at the Film Festival.